Assertiveness Storyboard - Ministry Specific Resource (PDF)
Storyboards provide a visual "line of sight" through a development topic. This ministry-specific storyboard on Assertiveness addresses the following Development Outcomes and Learning Objectives.
- Identify the four stages of the assertiveness cycle (Prepare, organise, act and review).
- Recognise the characteristics of effective and ineffective assertive behaviour.
- Identify any bad habits you might have.
- Formulate a personal action plan for developing your assertiveness skills.
- Define your problem situation.
- Check the gap and the context.
- Build your confidence.
- Prepare a script.
- Set the scene.
- Monitor the situation.
- Communicate assertively.
- Formalise your agreement.
- Evaluate your own performance.
- Learn and become stronger.