Most experts agree that great leaders:
- Are driven from a strong set of values and intelligence about peoples feelings.
- See possibilities and potential that are often invisible to others.
- Describe a vision of the future and illuminate paths to get there.
- Encourage creativity, innovation, and lateral thinking.
- Enable individuals and teams to manage personal change and reach for higher goals.
- Help to guide peoples relationships with one another.
- Walk-the-talk and listen and learn along the way.
- Often have extraordinary strength and persistence.
This Ministry Specific booklet explores what it takes to apply all of the above skills and, in so doing, to demonstrate effective leadership.